Terms and Conditions
- HOW TO RENT. PREREQUISITES
- RENTAL PRICES AND PAYMENT TERMS
- TERMS OF DELIVERY
- CONDITIONS OF USE
- TERMS FOR RETURNING THE EQUIPMENT
- CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- DATA PROTECTION LAW
- HOW TO RENT. PREREQUISITES.
"You" or "User" is the person renting the Equipment and signing the rental contract, the only one authorized to use the Equipment or any accessory during the rental period.
"Owner" or "we" is Orquidea Technology Group, SL, owner of the Equipment and the website www.ipad4travel.com.
"Equipment" means the devices or items (iPad, camera, Smartphone, Mifi, accessories; including batteries, cards, chargers, covers or any other part) that the Owner rents to the User for the rental period specified in the rental agreement.
"Damage" is the detriment, harm or impairment caused to the Owner as a result of any act or omission which the User may cause, intentionally or not, on estates, rights or interests of the Owner. In this sense, is regarded as "damage" any harm that alters the proper functioning or appearance of the Equipment and any event that affects the rights or interests of the Owner.
"No return" is the non-return of the Equipment at the date of completion of the rental period and at the stipulated time in the rental agreement.
"Website" refers to the web page www.ipad4travel.com being owned by the corporation "Orquidea Technology Group, SL" and whose tax domicile is in Majadahonda, Madrid (Spain).
"Rental Agreement" means the document whereby the owner transfers temporarily the use and enjoyment of the Equipment to the User, who himself agrees to pay for that use or enjoyment a certain price, determined under the Terms and Conditions of the website www.ipad4travel.com. This document must be signed by the User at the moment the Equipment is delivered to him.
"Terms Sheet Team" is the document that specifies the state in which the Equipment is at the time that is delivered to the user.
"Rental Period" is the period between the date and time when the owner delivers the Equipment to the user (as agreed in the Rental Agreement) and the date and time when the User returns the Equipment to the Owner (as agreed in the Rental Agreement).
"Booking Confirmation" is the information that the Online Booking System of the Website www.ipad4travel.com automatically sends to the User email address to confirm that the reservation has been made. This booking confirmation message contains all the data related to the reservation.
"Security Deposit" is the amount of the available credit on the User's credit card that the User's bank will hold at the beginning of the rental period, to cover potential losses that the Owner may suffer if the User breaches the contract or if he damages the Equipment. The Security Deposit is not a charge; once the User returns the Equipment to the Owner, the amount that has been blocked in the User's credit card will be unlocked.
- To rent an Equipment you must make a reservation, either by telephone, or through the Website www.ipad4travel.com. This reservation will contain all the information related to the rental of the Equipment.
- The reservation must be paid at the same moment it is performed.
- We strongly recommend to verify that the payment method you will use to make the reservation is accepted by the Owner. You will find this information in the Website www.ipad4travel.com. You can also send us an email or call us by phone if you have any doubts.
- We will deliver the Equipment only to the person whose data is contained in the Booking Confirmation.
- At the moment when the Owner delivers the Equipment to the User, the User must show a valid identification document (identity card or passport) and a Visa or MasterCard titled in his name, in effect during the rental period and whose expiration date is not earlier than 2 months after the date of termination of the Rental agreement.
- The available credit limit on the User's credit card must be equal or exceed the price of the rented Equipment. In the User's credit card an amount equal to the price of the rented Equipment (see prices listed on http://www.ipad4travel.com/en/prices) will be blocked as security deposit during the rental period. This amount will be unlocked from the User's credit card when he returns the rented Equipment to the Owner, and after verification that the Equipment has not suffered any damage during the rental period.
- If at the time the Equipment is delivered you do not have enough credit on your Visa or Master Card to cover the security deposit required, this will be considered a breach of the Terms and Conditions which you accepted when making the reservation, and will be equivalent to non-submission of the User to the delivery of the Equipment. In this case there will be no refund.
- Rental prices are those published on the Website www.ipad4travel.com at the moment the reservation was made.
- These rates exclude all applicable charges not specifically mentioned in the Booking Confirmation or in the rental contract and any optional additional services which the user may be liable.
- The total price of each rental is listed on the Booking Confirmation you will receive in your email address immediately after you make the booking of the Equipment and authorize payment.
- The rental price is obtained by multiplying the price per day, according to the prevailing rates at the moment of booking, by the number of days of the rent. Days are not divisible for purposes of calculating the price. In this resulting amount, we will add the price of optional accessories whose amount is a single payment for the rental period regardless of the day throughout, with these elements will calculate the price.
- The basis of calculation for the rent is the days. Is defined as a day, the continuous and uninterrupted period of 24 hours since the moment You receive the Equipment until the same hour from the next day.
Any extension of this period more than 30 minutes that is caused by you, will be considered a day and will be charged as such at the time of return the Equipment.
- Any amount of difference that is obtained by the variation of the conditions of the reservation due to an extension of the rental period of the Equipment that is caused by you, will be charged at the time of return of the Equipment using the days as the basis of calculation.
- Any amount of difference that is obtained by the variation in the conditions for the physical return place of the Equipment and may generate additional charges to the Owner for transportation, will be charged to the User when returning the Equipment.
- Any variation in the initial conditions of the rental, in particular those relating to damages or not return of the Equipment, will be charged to You at the end of the rental period or earlier if considered necessary by the Owner.
- Any charges returned by your bank upon acceptance of the credit card will mean the cancellation of the obligations of the owner in the rental contract automatically, and will require the immediate return of Equipment by the user at the place designated by the Owner, assuming the user the full amount of the debt incurred for the full term of the rent and allowing the Owner to charge interests on the delay plus the cost of recovery the Equipment that could take place.
- All charges to your credit card will be made in legal tender in Spain, which is the Euro. In case your Bank uses a different currency, the charges will be converted to Euros according to the conditions of your bank.
- the Equipment will be handed to you on the agreed time and place listed in your booking confirmation. Any variation of these conditions caused by You may incur additional management or transportation will be charged to You.
- Delivery will be made by an iPad4Travel.com employee uniformed and identified.
- At the time of delivery of the Equipment, will be handed to you your lease, a receipt for the security deposit blocked on your credit card (Visa or Master Card) and a copy of the Equipment Conditions Sheet.
- At the time of the hand delivery, the User will be required to review the conditions of the Equipment that is receiving and comparing them against those contained in the Equipment Conditions Sheet.
If You agree, you shall accept those mentioned conditions by signing the Equipment Conditions Sheet. The iPad4Travel.com employee will keep a copy of the signed Equipment Conditions Sheet and will give to you an identical copy.
- If the Equipment does not have the conditions specified in the Equipment Conditions Sheet, the user must inform the iPad4Travel.com employee at the same time and place of the hand delivery, to amend any errors and proceed with a new Equipment Conditions Sheet to reflect the actual state you receive the Equipment.
- After the hand delivery, the user assumes that the booked Equipment should return exactly the same condition as received at the beginning of the rental period. The User shall be responsible for any repair costs for damage not appearing on the "Equipment Conditions Sheet" that has been signed. This cost is additional to the cost prepaid by booking and will be charged to the User at the end of the rental period.
- The Equipment will be used only by the user who has rented it. Any questions regarding its use can be consulted by calling the Support phone number provided in the Rental contract.
- The Equipment must be used only within the Spanish territory. The use of Equipment in another country invalidate the rental contract and the user will be charged for costs arising from misuse of the Equipment outside of Spain (on account of roaming or otherwise).
- The Equipment must be used according to manufacturer's safety instructions.
- In particular, you should not use the iPad under any of the following conditions or for any of the following purposes:
- Near flammable objects or near toxic, hazardous or corrosive substances.
- Take it with anything that, because of its smell or condition, can damage the Equipment or cause to the Owner loss of time or money before they can rent the Equipment again.
- Re-rent the Equipment or lease its use to other people.
- Carry out illegal activities or cause damage to equipment, people, loss of software or to breach security of any computer software or brand..
- Intentionally committing a crime.
- The Equipment can not be connected to any device other than those provided by the Owner, which appear in the Rental contract.
- The user uses the equipment at your own risk, and the Owner shall not be liable in any way for any damage suffered by you or by a third party for the use or handling of Equipment during the rental period.
- The User may not use your computer to commit any act that violates the Spanish laws or international law. the User will be solely responsible to the law for such an eventuality.
- You will be responsible for any offense committed during the rental period that relates in some way with the use of the Equipment as if you were the owner thereof. At the request of the police or any official body is possible that the Owner is required to pass your personal data. Such transfer shall be in accordance with data protection laws in force in Spain.
- The Equipment is supplied with some software applications that are reflected in Annex I of the Rental Agreement. These applications can not be deleted from the Equipment under any circumstances, and in the case of this eventuality, the User is responsible for the associated costs with restoring the Equipment to the condition that you received at the beginning of the rental period.
- If during the rental period the Equipment suffers any damage, defect or malfunction, the User is obliged to immediately inform the Owner, either by sending an email, through the Web Site or calling the Support phone number that appears in the Rental contract between the hours of work there indicated. User shall be bound to notify the Owner the type of problem experienced by the Equipment and ask for technical support.
- No person other than the Owner shall conduct repairs or maintenance to the Equipment under any circumstances. In the case of this eventuality, the Owner shall not be responsible for maintenance costs or purchase of accessories incurred by the User. Only You are responsible for those costs or any damage to the Equipment in such intervention.
- If the Equipment suffers any damage, defect or malfunction during the rental period, the Owner will never be liable for any loss caused to the User for such defects.
- In case of failure of Equipment, the Owner will choose between providing an equipment replacement or cancel the rental contract.
- If during the contract period the User has any questions, there are several contact methods such as a contact form available in the www.ipad4travel.com website, a support phone number from 9:00h to 21:00h or an email address where the User can solve them.
- In the event of accidental damage, theft or confiscation of equipment the user should immediately notify the Owner in writing, and the Owner shall take all appropriate measures to protect their rights. The User shall be responsible for all damages, costs and / or disbursements resulting directly or indirectly to the Owner in defending their rights.
- Any use of equipment to the detriment of the Owner, authorize the latter to automatically terminate the lease with immediate effect. In this case, you must return the Equipment as soon as the Owner requires it.
- In the case of theft of Equipment, the rental contract will end when it is presented to the Owner a copy of the complaint made by the User before the competent authorities, in which case the User must pay the full cost of the rented Equipment at the prices that currently appearing on the Website www.ipad4travel.com.
- The Owner may terminate the rental contract and claim possession of the Equipment at any time, whenever it considers that this will contribute to their protection.
- The user will return the Equipment to the Owner at the place, date and time agreed on the reservation and which appear in writing in the Rental contract. Any extension of this period more than 30 minutes that is caused by You will be considered a day and will be charged as such at the time of return Equipment.
- You may only return the Equipment to an employee of iPad4Travel uniformed and identified.
- The maximum length the rental contract is 7 days, any extension of this period must have the written approval of Owner.
- Any variation in the time and place agreed to return the Equipment and which is caused by the user, may cause additional costs that will assume the latter, and that will be charged at the time of the return of the Equipment.
- The User must return the Equipment in good working order and in the same condition received at the time of the hand delivery, as contained in the "Equipment Conditions Sheet". The Equipment is considered returned when the Owner takes possession of the Equipment.
- The Equipment can be left in the hotel lobby to be picked up by the Owner, if he gives You a written permission. In this case, the Rental Contract will not end until the moment the Owner takes possession of the equipment and the User's responsibility will be extended until that time.
- If the Equipment is damaged or not returned, the User will be charged the security deposit that was blocked on his credit card at the time of hand delivery of the equipment.
- The Owner shall not be liable for loss, theft, confiscation or accidental damage of any nature suffered by the Equipment rented to the User during the rental period.
- Any reservation may be canceled by the User up to 14 days after it was done without any charge, and in any event at least 2 days before the rental period.
- After this period of 14 days, a reservation may be canceled up to 2 days before the start of the rental period (first day of the rental period not included), but this will mean a cancellation charge, and can only be made by sending an email to the Owner. In this case, the User will be refunded with the amount of the rental period, minus the equivalent of one rental day. The refund shall be made by crediting the same method of payment used by the User to pay the rental period.
- The cancellation of a reservation can be made through the link sent to the email addresss of the User when making the reservation, as long as 14 days have elapsed after the completion of the reservation (the day of start of the rental period not included), and in any case, at least two days before the rental period. The cancellation shall take effect upon the confirmation of cancellation is sent to the email addresss of the user.
- If the customer fails to collect the Equipment on the date and start time of the rental period under the agreed terms in the reserve and without any written notice to the Owner through the www.ipad4travel.com Web Site or e-mail before this date, no refund will be given.
- If you have a problem of "force majeure" and gives written notice to the Owner through the Site www.ipad4travel.com at least two working days before the start of the rental period, the Owner may modify the conditions of delivery of the equipment without entailing the refund of any amount of money to the User.
- The User may request modification of the number of days that he wants to rent the Equipment, without this implying an additional cost if requested at least two days before the start date of the rental period. The User must send a written request through the Contact form on the Website www.ipad4travel.com or by sending an email.
- If the rental period has already begun and the User wants to keep the Equipment for more days than those in its reservation, it will be imperative to notify to the Owner in writing at least one day before the date of completion of the rental period. In this case, the extension of the rental period will require payment in advance for the amount corresponding to the rental equipment that the user has in his possession by the number of additional days you want to keep them. The extension of the rental period will only be effective upon confirmation by the Owner in writing to the user, allowing them to keep the equipment by the number of additional days that he has paid.
- If the changes in the reservation is not performed in accordance with the terms of this section, no refunds will be made in any of the following cases: rentals ended earlier (this is, before the date of completion of the rental period contained in Booking Confirmation e-mail); collected made late (this is, after the start time of the rental period contained in the Booking Confirmation); failure by the User to collect the Equipment at the start date of the rental period, or cancellations made after the start date of the rental period.
- All rentals are subject to the terms and conditions included in this document and on the Website www.ipad4travel.com.
- The Owner does not have insurance to cover bodily injury or property damage which the User may suffer or inflict on a third party as a result of an accident with the Equipment. You are responsible for 100% of the costs arising from these reasons.
- You will be responsible for any damage or harm caused to the Owner when renting an Equipment. Therefore, in case of theft or damage, accidental or otherwise, caused to the rented Equipment, you must fully indemnify to the Owner. Compensation shall include amounts for repair costs or replacement of Equipment and the respective administrative costs. The amount of compensation shall not exceed the value of the rented Equipment at the pricing table that appears on the Website www.ipad4travel.com.
- You will not be exempt from liability to the Owner for breach of contract. Therefore, you will be responsible for any financial loss suffered by the Owner as a result of such failure. You agree to pay the expenses incurred by the Owner in the event that you breach the contract.
- In any case, neither the Owner nor any of its directors or employees be liable to the contracting party for any amount or for any act, lawsuits or claims for any direct, indirect, consequential, punitive (such as loss of business or loss of profits) arising out of or in connection with the rental or use of any Equipment where the action is based on contract or tort. You will indemnify and will exempt to the Owner from all claims, liabilities, damages, losses or expenses arising from the rental or use of Equipment.
Please note that, during the course of making the reservation the owner collects some personal information. It is mandatory to provide all required information, in the absence of such information, the Owner may not properly secure the reservation.
Under the Spanish Data Protection Law, you have the right to update, correct or delete personal data collected by the Owner. You can correct factual errors in your data by sending the Owner an application to point the error. You can contact the Owner through www.ipad4travel.com website for more information on how to exercise this right.